active boot time traces, some time later..

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:20:40 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Yes, TabBox can render thumbnails which makes it possible to use TabBox for
> window strip. The "difficult" part is to control the TabBox from external.
> I have a patch floating around to make TabBox working without holding
> "Alt" key and we need to pass the atoms. I'm thinking there of two atoms:
> * _KDE_TABBOX_STICKY: to mark the shell as first item in list
> * _KDE_TABBOX_CONTROL_REGION: to sync panel with the TabBox
>
> Both requires small changes in TabBox, so it's probably really too late for
> PA2.

wouldn't be good to give a window id on which sticking the tabbox to?
in this way its position would be updated automatically

> > i can give a try, but given how much workspace is already changed and how
> > much we're struggling to get things working again i don't know if it's
> > wise
>
> I try to schedule it for this weekend (given that screen locker is in a
> state that I don't want to work on it any more :-P I am free for something
> new)

on the screen locker good job, the mega patch seems to work very well in
active now ;) (hopefully shouldn't fallback anymore to the old lockscreen from
which is impossible to get out)

unfortunately right now the really big showstopper is the slowness of kwin
gles on meego. i fear if we won't be able to ship kde-workspace master  with
pa2 if it won't get solved...
..or find a way to enable again compositing with xrender