active boot time traces, some time later..

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 23 10:22:01 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 23:23:45 Marco Martin wrote:
> effect to replace it is on the way and this should make everything much
> faster, in loading and painting (the bad news is that with so many changes
> we have to cope already, there is no way on earth is going to make it for
> active two ;)

hm.. what's left to do with the kwin effect at this point?

> the clock... that one is very bad as well and takes time in mostly two
> things: instantiating the calendar (so still there even if the popup is
> disabled)

that is a bug, and i don't see how that's possible given the code that is
there in clockapplet. however, it might be related to extenders. i just
committed a patch that removes the extender from the clockapplet, which should
lighten things anyways. see if that addresses this issue.

if not, we need to look into this further as it's pretty important not to
create that calendar.

> and restoring of the configuration (clockconfigchanged)

my guess would be that it's mostly spending time in Clock::generatePixmap from
Clock::updateSize in the digital-clock applet? if so, we could probably delay
that.

humru othro a kohnu se