RunnerModel

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 21 20:55:18 UTC 2011

hi....

there is (yet another! :) new branch in plasma-mobile: runnermodel.

this introduces RunnerModel which replaces the (very broken) runner
DataEngine. the benefits of this are generally performance and fewer bugs
(including the odd crash).

the only question i have at this point is if i should merge the qml plugin for
RunnerModel into the MetaDataModels qml plugin.

pro:

* we have just one plugin to load for all models; in this case i'd recommend
changing the name of the plugin to "PlasmaDataModels"

con:

* it means everything is one big plugin and loading the plugin for just one
model means you get them all. using them all is likely the common case

i'm not sure what the performance costs are for this.

in any case, as soon as someone can review the branch and give me the thumbs
up i'd like to merge this into master.

humru othro a kohnu se