QtQuick 1.0 vs 1.1

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:00:32 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I just seen a little problem in the series of components we have and the way
we use qml...
for some things, QtQuick 1.1 is required, especially for
implicitWidth/implicitHeight (poor brother of size hints, but makes things way
better already)
and LayoutMirroring, to decently support rtl layouts.

now, seems the import qtquick 1.1 was introduced only in Qt 4.7.4, making
effectively a feature upgrade in a Qt bugfix release (bad precedent to say the
least)

so now for releasing components in kde 4.8 we should either depend from qt
4.7.4, that is quite nasty because it never happened or actually downgrade
everywhere in the components the use of qtquick 1.1 to 1.0.

i have a giant patch here that does just that, doesn't seem to cause many
problems, everything will just be slightly more buggy until that will be
reverted as soon as we can depend from Qt 4.8

so, what of the two poisons? ;)