Contour daemon and recommendations

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Nov 11 12:07:25 UTC 2011

> Could be hooked into the history mechanism then (history records a page
> as
> visited if it has been open for at least 30 seconds). Would mean moving the
> entire history into Nepomuk as well (it's saved in the config file right now,
> rather basic).

I'm all for having the history in Nepomuk. The browser history is one pretty
important aspect of user behavior and could be used for more than just
recommending often used pages (for example: "Last time you visitied this and
that page, you were using Activity X. Do you want to switch to Activity X now?").
Performance is another thing, but unless it slows any important task down too
much, please do it ;)