Contour daemon and recommendations

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Nov 11 11:54:22 UTC 2011

On Friday, November 11, 2011 12:45:21 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > Could be hooked into the history mechanism then (history records a page
> > as visited if it has been open for at least 30 seconds). Would mean
> > moving the entire history into Nepomuk as well (it's saved in the config
> > file right now, rather basic).
>
> If we go for 2, then yes. I'd be worried to search the history when
> the user is typing the url in that case... although if it is a config
> file thing now - i don't think it would be slower than parsing a text
> flie :)

Right now, I'm keeping the history in memory (QList<QPair<QString, QString>>,
roughly), and only update it when the browser visits a new page (append,
possibly ditch oldest entry), or when the config on disk changes (full reload
of the list). Do the math. :)

> > I haven't found a suitable ontology for a webpage in the history though
> > (for Bookmarks, it exists). Any ideas?
>
> There is no Webpage unfortunately. Seems [1] we ought to use
> HTMLDocument...
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/ticket/105#comment:6

Brrrrr. Conceptually, I find them quite different. but yeah, better than
nothing ...
--
sebas