components components components

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Nov 4 11:14:53 UTC 2011

On Thursday, November 03, 2011 20:26:58 Marco Martin wrote:
> the second solution seems more elegant, but much more error prone since
> every  c++ app the uses qml will have to add the import paths in the
> proper order or crazy problems will happen

We should factor out the C++ parts we duplicate in our apps and make a generic
class from it, Plasma::ActiveApp, that one would be the toplevel view for our
apps and do the importing accordingly.

I think there's enough "not entirely straight-forward" code in there that this
would be a good idea. API can be pretty minimal, I think.

sebas