RFC: remove resources feature is missing

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 1 16:10:39 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, November 1, 2011 16:00:37 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> So I suggest this:
> - We offer for every kind of resource the option "disconnect from
> current activity" and "delete" with an alert saying something like "this
> will delete this file permanently, also in other activities its
> connected to. do you want this?"

+1

> - The current label "acitivities" should be renamend to "add to other
> activities" and then the list as usual; we could also go for "connect to
> other activities", as it is the same action as connecting content via
> SLC (that is called "connect to activity"). Currently the very same
> action, only manual, is called "add resource". Shouldnt they all be
> called "connect" and "disconnect"?

+1

> So we need the same connect-Icon in
> SLC AND on the activity screen, no? Aaron, does "connect" in SLC has
> other features in future as the current connect?

in future, yes .. but all with the idea of connecting, so that should be fine
IMHO.

which reminds me yet again that we need a proper icon for this :)

> - We can keep the current layout of the context menu, though I like
> Aarons idea of some pie-menu. I thought about it several times already,
> also for our activity switcher that offers this great half-pie-space
> directly on the edge, that cries for some pie menu for adding new
> resources for example ... I will make up my mind and do some scribbles
> here, I guess :) Buts thats all only ideas for the future...nothing for PA2.

cool :)

and just for the record: i really dislike pie menus with the mouse. but i
quite like them for touch and games.

> - The deleting resource concept needs also more definition, as we have
> to make sure, that neither the deleted file is  connected and shown on
> any other activity nor appears in the add-resource-dialog. Topic for
> roadmap?

or we could confirm with the user if they are ok with removing the resource if
it appears elsewhere?

humru othro a kohnu se