RFC: Layout adaption to WiFi feature

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:11:10 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 01 November 2011, Javier Llorente wrote:
> On 01 November 2011 at 15:17 Fania Bremmer <fania.bremmer at basyskom.de>
wrote:
> > Am 27.10.2011 17:35, schrieb Fania Bremmer:
> > > ** Proposed Change **
> > > - Make the width of the WIFI box bigger, so the WIFI name, key and
> > > connect button fit in one line
> > > - Store the WIFI key directly (not by popping up key wallet), also
> > > after reboot
> > > - Dont reorder the WiFis all the time, sort them in a logical way
> >
> > Javier, I would like to discuss the layout issues with you - maybe we
> > can adjust a bit the interaction and layout of the MeeGo Wifi-Dialog?
> >
> >Sure. :)
>
> One thing that would make the Wifi icon more useful is showing the signal
> strength directly on the system tray. I don't know if that it's possible
> atm. I have also seen that many tablet vendors have the "connect to a
> Wireless network" step on their welcome wizards, but that's a another
> topic.

maybe but i'm not sure.
the very little i understood about connman is that doesn't have the concept of
main or active connection, so maybe it could be tried to iterate in all
connections (even if only one exists all exists is always a model anyways) and
find the first that is actually connected

btw, every touch to that ui is quite an hack by itself since the whole thing
is no more than a temporary workaround