GLES sources?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jun 28 16:56:29 CEST 2011

On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 13:11:46 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> libgles and libegl from mesa3d.
> Any recent distro should have them - unless you of course use debian ;-P
>
> -> http://www.mesa3d.org/opengles.html
> -< http://www.mesa3d.org/egl.html
>
> Notice that this does NOT work with the binary nvidia (and likely fglrx)
> drivers. (actually "GLES" as a sheer subset does of course, but EGL doesn't
> -  no idea whether we could do an abstract on the egl code in kwin for
> this purpose...)
> For nvidia you'd require nouveau and nouveau-dri (what's afaik still not in
> a  "productive" shape)

I think I had asked Martin before, but that basically means that with:

- free Radeon driver
- free Intel driver
- nouveau

we stand a chance of getting to use GLES? (If I can sort out some other bits,
see my other email on this topic.)

My target hardware is right now:

 Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller (from lspci)
That's the graphics chip in the exopc / wetab, and the viewsonic viewtab I've
got here.

sebas