testing multitouch?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jun 28 16:46:10 CEST 2011

On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 14:08:01 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > How can I test if my system supports multitouch? I thought the Picture
> > Frame plasmoid would support it, but is that out of the box? I've built
> > Qt packages which, in principle, might work, but am lacking a way to
> > find out if they do.
> >
> > So, any small test I can do to find out if it works?

> plasma-desktop has multitouch resizing of applets, the webbrowser applet
> (the one in workspace) has pinch zoom, as well marble

Ok, good to know. That's an easy way to test. :)

> as hardware, i am sure just about the lenovo that should support it out of
> the box(ish), no idea about the wetab but probably as well

I didn't have success on either, also not quite sure how to debug this.

This is running with three patches from the MeeGo Qt packages which add
xinput2 support. There's another option, Qt's mtf branch which is what I can
try next, maybe that works. It's a bit poking in the dark for me, though.
--
sebas