preventing kwin from falling back to non-composited

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Jun 24 15:07:26 CEST 2011

Hi kwinners,

In Plasma Active, it sometimes happens that the CPU is too busy on the small
device, and that subsequently compositing gets switched off, breaking some
core functionality (such as window switching). (As opposed to plasma-desktop,
in Active we require compositing to work, so it doesn't make any sense
switching it off, I'd rather wait until the CPU is done (and try to optimize
those cases away where it stalls.)

Is there a way to prevent kwin from going non-composited?

Thanks,
--
sebas