Contour Design Concept - Activity Switcher

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:08:29 CEST 2011

On Monday 20 June 2011, Fania Jöck wrote:
> Ah, Marco, what I am still thinking about is the positioning of your
> "change wallpaper" icon. I actually like the feature, that the user can
> change the wallpaper after creating the activity and also the appearing
> overlay for choosing another image looks nice. Currently in my layouts
> every activity thumnail in the switcher has the following icons:
> "delete" and "duplicate". We could consider another "configuration icon"
> like you use currently in the Contour development and open a view where
> the user can edit the name of the activity and the wallpaper image. I
> think these are the only two functions that are not covered by our
> normal activity screen, where the user can add, edit and remove the
> resources... what do you think?
>
> In the Activity Overview Screen there is enough space for 3 icons, in
> the wheely switcher it might get crowded; we have to check that first...

i would anyways put the delete icon top-right since matches the usual location
of close buttons, so those 3 buttons would be more spaced anyways?

as for the configuration icon, i can put it either in the activity screen
itself or in the thumbnail of the current activity (for a limitation it can't
be positioned in others, that kinda makes sense since wouldn't be possible to
see the changes immediately)

as the switching slider, all the action icons could be shown only for the one
currently in foreground, hidden for the others

btw, in the activity overview switching would be done with the slider as well
or just by clicking?