resources, plasmoids and hacks

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 13:01:37 CEST 2011

On Wednesday, June 8, 2011 22:09:31 Marco Martin wrote:
> a) reorder the boxes around as there seems to be demand for
> b) a bit more flexible for widgets, compared to the appletstrip (heard some
> complaints about it as well)
> c) not having to ship two different types of activity, resource centric OR
> widget centric

if the widgets are not related to the activity, i don't think it makes sense.
otherwise we end up mixing two different kinds of items: those that are
context/recommendation sensitive and those that aren't, those that have the
attributes of plasmoids (configuration, manual creation via the 'add widgets'
ui, etc..) and those that don't.

what are the complaints about the appletstrip, exactly?

humru othro a kohnu se