connecting/disconnecting from activities

Arjen Hiemstra djfreestyler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:01:55 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 27 July 2011 13:44:52 Marco Martin wrote:

> now, we have two possible approaches there:
> until last commit: click on "activity" the menu slides and shows all the
> activities with a checkmark on what are the connected ones
> 	pros: very fast to connect something to an arbitrary subset of activity
> 	cons: more complex, what happens if the activity list will be huuuge?
>
> at last commit: just "connect/disconnect from activity"
> 	pros: very simple and intuitive
> 	cons: longer interaction if i want to connect to something else, switch to
> activity, *then* connect

What about a compromise? Put the "Current Activity" in the top menu, and keep
the Activities entry that changes to the submenu. This allows you both quick
access to the (imo) most relevant entry, and also allows you fine grained
control over the associations. Possibly they even could be merged into a
single entry that behaves slightly different on short/long tap or using some
kind of "More" indicator.

- Arjen