Single document in multiple activities

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:19:01 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 26 July 2011, Fania Jöck wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> Resources, documents etc can belong to different activities, so if a
> user clicks on those 2 same documents - what happens?
> would the same document just open? If I am editing the document in one
> activity and in the other not - would they differ then and we create 2
> documents with the same name?
>
> I actually never made up my mind about that - we might need some
> discussion here.

as for windows ownership to activities, i would keep the current behaviour of
a window opened in a single activity, then:

if we switch activity and click again on the same document this could happen
if the app is a kuniqueapplication, it can send another open desktop event.
when this happen, it gets associated -also- to the new activity.

is it feasible/makes sense?