splitting of the plasma-mobile repository: applications

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jul 21 16:08:05 CEST 2011

Hey,

On Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:50:01 Marco Martin wrote:
> so, to make a bit of order in the repository, and start some applications,
> i propose the following:
>
> the active-applications repository.
> in there it will go the new rekonq-active application alongside a simple
> image viewer i'm doing (that one, could become whatever.. gwenview-active?
> ;)
>
> the first need is the demo of active&contour at the talk during the desktop
> summit, so this decision would have to be uhm rather quick ;)

Plasma Quick! :-)

> besides them, calligra mobile will also be used i think, meego packages are
> still pre-qml, if someone wants to try to update them to the qml version
> (if working good enough already) is welcome to do so ;)
>
> i think a repository for those apps is the cleanest solution right now
> then -if- they will become self sustaining project enough, they can move to
> either their own repository, or in the rekonq/gwenview/whatever repository.

I think splitting out these apps into a separete repository makes sense. Maybe
it can be merged with declarative-widgets, although that is quite handy since
it can be a noarch package, making it quite a bit faster to build.

Calligra should of course stay in the calligra repo, but I think you were not
proposing that, anyway.

This of course needs a bit of package rejigging, but shouldn't be too much
work (and probably still less painful than doing it at a later stage).

sebas