another branches reshuffling

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Thu Jul 7 16:46:38 CEST 2011

On Thursday, 7. July 2011. 15.50.54 Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> right now the activitymanager related work is in the
> active-development/master branch.
> as the name tells, that's dove on top of master, that is really the
> easiest way to develop, but...
>
> the first release will have to be done on top of 4.7, so this means we
> need an active-development/4.7 on top of 4.7, with just all the patches
> needed for activity manager/qml bindings.
>
> Ivan, can you isolate the needed commits? and can it work on top of a
> 4.7 branch?

When I asked about this, it was said that we can continue to work on top
of master since there are too many changes to be able to say 'we're on the
4.7'. And for that reason, I've been merging master into the branch.

I'll port all the changes to 4.7 branch, but I don't really want to deal
with picking up the commits one by one - I'll just make one commit which
'ports'. Is it ok with everybody?

I'm pondering the idea to do the same for master as well - a few items
will be lost from history, but it will be cleaner (w/o merges left <->
right)

Cheerio

--
The bleeding hearts and artists,