Guts of active-settings

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:03:44 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 20 December 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> It would also be cool, if we had an easy way to offer this kind of
> functionality to apps (so one can, in pure QML) write a configuration
> interface for ones app -- either by starting active-settings
> org.kde.active.settings.mycoolapp, or by embedding it somehow. (The former
> of course needing a mechanism to sync config across processes. Specific
> modules can be opened right away, by using the plugin name of module as
> argument to active-settings, much like kcmshell4. (It currently lacks the
> --list argument, though.)

from one side i would really like applications config listed in the setting
app.
on the other hand, this can end up very quickly as a giant list.

in any case yeah if the module itself can be loaded as a plugin anywhere, we
will be able to both display it in the app or in the config app.

for the config changes across process, don't see other solution than a file
watcher, that is not so light, but shouldn't be as impactful as it seems
anyways