Lessons for PA3

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Dec 16 16:09:34 UTC 2011

Am 16.12.2011 12:45, schrieb Lamarque V. Souza:
> Em Friday 16 December 2011, Marco Martin escreveu:
>> On Friday 16 December 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> > so for PA3, let's ensure that everything possible is in the most
>> recent
>> > stable release of KDE SC. that may mean timing PA3 to sync with
>> KDE SC
>> > 4.9, which may be a good idea for the longer release cycle you
>> issues you
>> > also mentioned.
>>
>> +1 for pa3 on top of 4.9
>
> 	4.9 is 7 months from now, that's too long, don't you think? Or do
> you
> want to release PA 3 before 4.9 final?
If you want to have less than 7 months release cycle you end up either
depending on the unreleased 4.9 or have to stick with 4.8. Sticking with
4.8 will mean that PA3 still has to carry the rather large patch sets
untop of 4.8. Screen locker and window strip comes to my mind.

With my workspace devel hat on, I would suggest to go even for exactly
the same freezes as KDE SC as it will prevent us from doing stupid
things like adding new stuff after SC is frozen resulting in another
large patch set.

Cheers
Martin