Packaging bangarang with "--touch" for Plasma Active

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:51:16 UTC 2011

On Thursday 15 December 2011, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 15 December 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
>> Best would be to check for KDE_PLASMA_COMPONENTS_PLATFORM=touch in the
>> environment. This variable also makes the Plasma QML Components load the
>> touch-optimized version, Bangarang could easily use this as well.
>
> that actually isn't set. by default it checks a config value (and the env var
> wins over the config value if set)
>
> would be better to only use that?

Could you point me to which config value I should check?

> but yes, we need a single way to tell everything to behave like on touch.
> (thing that would be automagically solved if/when bangarang starts to use
> qtcomponents, hint, hint ;)

That will come, in time, once I get a better feel for the longer term
integration path for qtcomponents and the KDE platform (color schemes,
styles/themes, icon themes, etc.). Till then, I'll take some kind of
QML-independent runtime check. :-)

peace and much respect,
Andrew