power button on panel

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 12:08:03 UTC 2011

Em Wednesday 14 December 2011, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 22:23:17 you wrote:
> > there is a count down from 5s that suspends the system (sleep) when
> > reaches zero. We can increase the timeout but while it is active if the
> > user touches anything outside the shutdown dialog's area the dialog will
> > close and the system will not sleep.
>
> while definitely an improvement (nice :) this still means that two touches
> are always necessary. i still really like the idea of going straight to
> lock and integrating auto-sleep with the lock screen. this gives "best of
> all worlds" as described in a previous email.
>
> which made me consider the screen locking which has been put into its own
> daemon. it only now (*sigh*) occurred to me that putting the lock mechanism
> in ksmserver would be a great place for it since ksmserver doesn't have
> anything else to do and would allow us to more easily coordinate lock with
> session features like lock/shutdown. i'll discuss this with Martin later
> and see what he thinks as well ...
>
> > 	I agree that we need to change the icons to match Plasma Active's theme.
> >
> > I am not a designer, who can I poke to help me with this?
>
> some notes on the visuals, aside from finding some flat monochrome icons:
>
> * the frame is 1 pixel off on the top and bottom. that's odd :) in the QML
> i noticed that there are two FrameSvgItems, one that is the top level item
> and one that is a child of it (id: background). both are loading the same
> SVG.

	Do you mean the top and bottom SVG elements have one pixel less than the
left and right elements?  I do not see that.

	I added the "id: background" SVG element because I needed a way to
change the central elementId. Some Plasma themes use "center" and some use
"background" as elementId. Is it possible to get (and change) an individual
elementId using FrameSvg?

> * every where else in Plasma Active the icon is above the text. that's easy
> to fix by swapping the order of text and icon in the Column entries
>
> * the text should follow normal capitalization, e.g. Sleep instead of
> sleep. i'd also suggest just "Lock" instead of "lock screen".
>
> * centering the "sleeping in 3 seconds" text would probably look nicer;
> putting it on top might also be nicer

	Ok, all changes done, the result is attached. The QML theme is also
attached, just copy it to /usr/share/kde4/apps/ksmserver/qml/.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer