info needed for Plasma Active Two release announcements

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Dec 11 21:58:35 UTC 2011

On Monday, December 5, 2011 15:19:18 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> - New feature of locking, sleep and shutdown functionality via hardware
> and software button to ensure compatible functionality throughout the
> device spectrum

having looked through the screenshots and tried to find a way to make this
interesting, i don't think we should make any noise about this in our
announcements.

the new dialog is not themed to match the rest of the system (even the
relative positioning of the text and icon is unlike every other icon+text
usage), it sits in a big square grey block and the power button in the panel
remains inellegant.

effort was put into making the log out dialog QML-ified, and that's quite good,
but this area of plasma active has not reached a level of visual or functional
polish that merits us making noise about it.

proposal: let's remove the PlasmaActive_Lock-Sleep-Feature.png screenshot from
the collection and work on making this aspect of PA elegant in PA3, at which
point we can crow about it.

humru othro a kohnu se