Image, 5. 12.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Dec 6 17:21:15 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, December 6, 2011 16:57:50 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> crashes... but it becomes critical if a stable testing image is not
> available over weeks.

yes, the tight time pressures were high and impacted everyone. what you
describe as your challenges with shortness of time are mirrored by others who
were also involved in this release cycle. at least we get to suffer together,
right? ;)

granting each other allowances for the impact such constraints bring is
important. the last thing we want to see is people facing burn out due to
pressure or growing to resent the expectations placed on them because they
aren't realistic.

on the positive side: i think we have learned that even a "simple"
bugs'n'performances release for Plasma Active is just not doable with a 2
month dev cycle. this is  something everyone seems to agree on given the
recent "we're having a longer release cycle for PA3, right?" thread.

the developers are also learning more about what the designers and packagers
need as well as we go through more release cycles together. sharing what you
need for testing time frames, release materials, etc. is valuable so thanks
for taking the time to do that.

from the developers' side of this, expecting a feature-merging process that
honestly is designed for more relaxed development cycles to be followed
perfectly is unrealistic when the release cycle is this tight.

so ... we're all learning together, and that's the most we can ask for. :)

humru othro a kohnu se