info needed for Plasma Active Two release announcements

martin brook martin.brook100 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 2 16:45:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

Carl, good to see so much interest.

I've been working on porting Plasm Active to Advent Vega (Tegra2), Nokia
N950, trimslice and lately G9 with an unlocked device from Archos in my
spare time.

There are instructions and images for N950 and Trimslice at

http://images.formeego.org/trimslice/
http://images.formeego.org/n950/plasma-active/

Instructions and images for Advent Vega and point of view Tegra 2 tablet at

http://share.basyskom.com/contour/Deployment/latest-basyskom-plasma-active-tegra2-mer.html
http://share.basyskom.com/contour/Deployment/mer_arm_install_archive/point_of_view_nvidia_tegra2/readme.txt
http://share.basyskom.com/contour/Deployment/mer_arm_install_archive/point_of_view_nvidia_tegra2/

G9 Images and kernel can be found here, although you will need an onlocked
bootloader which I understand will ba avaiable in the next few days.

http://share.basyskom.com/contour/Deployment/mer_arm_install_archive/archos-generation-9/
https://www.gitorious.org/archos-gen9-mer-adaptation-kernel

There has been a number of large changes in the architecture of some of
these pieces the biggest for me is the move away from MeeGo as the core to
Mer.  http://www.merproject.org/   These changes have meant that keeping up
with the latest baseline on these pieces of hardware is a large task.

These ports are very young and are not production quality so any help is
welcome.

You can find me and the guys on #Mer and #active on Freenode IRC and more
information on the Mer community wikipages,
http://wiki.merproject.com/wiki/Community_Workspace

I suggest that once PA2 hits a stable RC point (please let me know) that we
make images for each of the devices listed above and if you have a device
spare let me know I'm always on the lookout for potential Mer/Plasma Active
targets.

BR

vgrade (mad scientist)