getting images together for 1.0

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Aug 31 15:10:04 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 10:17:53 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 18:56:02 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > On Tuesday 30 August 2011 18:11:23 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > some additional thoughts on technical needs:
> > >
> > > * the launch feedback must become a KWin effect
> >
> > trivial: we already have a launch feedback effect which just needs another
> > code path
>
> ah, good point :) that makes this easier.
>
> > > * the locker screen must also become a KWin effect
> >
> > non-trivial as the SoK project did not really succeed :-( I will try my best
>
> that's unfortunate; what point did the project get to? is the lock process
> successfully migrated from krunner to kwin at least in a branch somewhere?
yes, it's available as a branch in kde-workspace: farhad_hf/lockscreen
> what is left on that which needs doing?
what needs to be done:
* handle case that KWin starts initially locked (must have for merging to master)
* ensure that KWin locks the screen after a crash (with screen locked)
* inform KWin core about being locked/unlocked (currently there is no communication yet)
* move the locking into an effect (if compositing available) instead of X window
* additional candy I had in my mind
* SECURITY AUDIT

For the Active usecase we need the initially locked and the effect at least.

Cheers
Martin