getting images together for 1.0

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 31 08:29:51 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 15:07:06 Marco Martin wrote:
> * same default configuration: Sebasian now did put all the different default
> configuration compared to a stock kde in the git server, in plasma-
> mobile/config: this should be used by both systems i thnk

i've added some more things to this config as well (and scratched them off the
tasks wiki page). amazing how much difference these little things make! :)

what we also lack at the moment is a clear art direction.

we have a QML splash screen to replace ksplashx with; it's obviously a bit
heavier due to how tiny ksplashx is and how not tiny QML is ;) but it gives us
a hell of a lot more possibilities.

we would really be well served by a high quality splash animation that gives
people the "wow" feeling we want them to have.

other needs include:

* a wallpaper set that communicates Plasma Active as an object of desire; we
can sift through the wallpapers we currently have and pick from those and/or
we can go looking for new papers that fit a (so far undefine) thematic goal

* lock screen that matches the splash screen

humru othro a kohnu se