marching towards 1.0

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:15:52 UTC 2011

On Monday 15 August 2011, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 12 August 2011, Marco Martin wrote:
> > * contour will be the default one and only interface, all moved to the
> > plasma-mobile repository (the contour repo would get basically
> > deprecated when the recommandations backend finally moves in the
> > activity manager)
>
> as first step towards this, in mart/activityscreenrename of the contour
> repo, I've renamed the plugin of the activity screen
> form org.kde.categorizedresources to org.kde.active.activityscreen

as another update, today i wrote a new plasma shell (called widget strip) that
just loads the appletstrip containment and a couple of plasmoids as default
layout.

recap:
since the applet strip and the contour activity screen have a quite different
use case, it was decided to still keep the applet strip used, but as an
"external application" that isn't influenced by activities.

this was almost the last blocker to completely replace plasma-tablet with
palsma-contour