Plasma Active Roadmap

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:21:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Calligra Active is a subset of Plasma Active. Following discussions with Aaron, we decided to sit down and make kind of a roadmap with prioritized features for Calligra Active. I'll add it to the community wiki as well.

rocking :)

> After discussion with the maintainer, Shantanu, we arrived at this:
>
> Mission statement:
>
> The first release of Calligra Active will be a capable, performant document, finger-friendly viewer for tablets that can pan and zoom smoothly and display office documents but not PDF.
>
> For the first release (with Calligra 2.4), open tasks are:
>
>    * integreation with the desktop search system
>    * include a presentation mode (needs some hacking in stage itself to reuse stage's presentation mode)
>    * support search
>    * support select
>    * support copy

i may add
* Share Like Connect integration  (if using qml it's literally 3 lines ;))

> Long term goals are:
>
>    * support PDF (unless plasma active already has a finger-friend pdf viewer, we intend to use the same frontend for finding documents, and poppler for display)
>    * support editing of text
>    * support editing of graphics

at the moment there is okular installed.
it's not bad, a more touch ready version would be good tough.
now i don't know how much of okular can be recycled (being quite
depending from qwidget) would be good with not reinventing an
application from scratch, but i trust you guys there on what can or
can't be done :)