[WebKit-devel] kwebkitpart release tarballs

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Sat Mar 9 18:58:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

Since I kept getting asked about creating updated release tarballs for
kwebkitpart, I am posting this respond to them in general.

The reason why I do not make kwebkitpart release tarballs is simply
 becuase I do not have the time for it. That means currently there is no
one that can create a package for a release. Hence, new kwebkitpart
releases are only announced in projects.kde.org.

There was a discussion to try and make kwebkitpart part of kdebase so that
it will be automatically included in stanard KDE releases. However, that
discussion seems to have gone nowhere. I will try to resurrect that
discussion again and see if something comes of it.

Until such time that kwebkitpart becomes part of kdebase or someone steps
up to volunteer to create packages for kwebkitpart (I will gladly lend any
support I can), I am afraid it is up to each distribution to create their
own packages.