Problem selecting and editing an entry in a Music Collection

Peter Mayes peter at petermayes.org
Tue Jan 16 13:18:55 GMT 2024

This refers to tellico-3.5.1 under Fedora38 Linux.

This is a slightly strange one. I thought that this was a completely
reproducible situation, relating to my Music collection of ~1,500 CDs.
Indeed, it was completely reproducible earlier today. But having shut
down tellico and restarted it, I can't now get it to happen. It
definitely does happen, as it has been driving me slightly crazy over
recent days, but clearly there is some sort of trigger that I haven't
yet pinned down.

I know when it is going to happen, as it is when I select a disc from
the left hand panel, and the bottom right doesn't update to show the
selected disc as in 4 below

Let me know if this isn't helpful as it stands, and I will continue to
investigate.

1. Edit an entry
2. "Save Entry", "Close", "Save"
3. From the left-hand panel, select another entry to edit
4. The entry does NOT show up in the bottom right panel. The previous
entry is still displayed.
5. Attempt to edit the new selection from step 3, ignoring 4 above
6. The previously edited disc is opened for editing again
7. Close this wrong disc.
8. Select any entry from the top right panel
9. Now reselect the entry I want to edit from step 3.
10. The correct entry is now opened for editing

This has nearly caught me out on a number of occasions!

--
Best wishes -- Peter