Feature request: Numista lookup by N#

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Tue Sep 19 18:03:55 BST 2023

Hi Cliff,

On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 5:11 PM Cliff Bar <klfjoat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I checked in recently and found that Tellico now has a Numista data
> source. This is great! However, it seems that the Numista search method
> Tellico uses does not use Numista's N#'s. This is a unique number assigned
> to everything on Numista.  There are also NN#'s for subtypes.

Tellico is using the API v1 and it looks like there's now a v3, so I'll
have to check into that. But in the meantime, searching for the N# does
work already, but the Tellico search only looks at coins for the moment. So
coin 95420 shows:
[image: image.png]

The default Tellico coin collection template doesn't lend itself well to
banknotes. I'll have to think about that a bit more, and then update the
Numista search accordingly.

>  (by the way, the search results seem to be limited to 20 items)

I do need to enable the pagination. Thanks for the reminder there.