beginners questions - grouping

Daniel Calcoen daniel.calcoen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:13:43 BST 2023

Hello,

the forum link : https://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=200

shown at the readme.md , https://invent.kde.org/office/tellico

doesn't exist any more and search inside the archived thread of the list
is a bit painful ... so I write to this list looking for some orientation.

The actual behaviour I experience with Tellico on Ubuntu 23.10 and GNome
is :

the main display view always show/list ALL the elements, independently
if the grouping view is active and a grouping node/folder is selected.

a) is this the expected behaviour ? or is something break due run the
application in a non KDE environment ?

What I expect is that when in the grouping view a node/folder is
selected, only the elements contained in that node/folder are shown in
the main view.

b) has been this discussed previously ?

b.1) if yes, where I can read about it ?

c) if always shown all the elements is the normal behaviour and was not
discussed before ...

My plan is to add a node/folder "all" to the group view and change the
behaviour of the main display view, to show in the main view only the
selected node/folder. (by default the selected one will be "all" and the
behaviour will be as I experience now)

For example,

if you have a collection of films and you select to show grouping by
"Genre", the grouping will point by default to "all" and you see all the
icons (or the list); then if you click on "Action", the main view will
be refreshed to only show/list the icons contained under the node/folder
"Action".

any suggestion before I'll start dig into the code ?

Regards

Daniel