[Tellico-users] [bug] Tellico crash after deleting a field without category.

Xavier Brochard xavier at alternatif.org
Thu May 21 07:51:46 UTC 2015

Le mercredi 20 mai 2015 19:18:51, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Xavier Brochard <xavier at alternatif.org>
wrote:
> > Tellico crash after deleting a field without category.
> >
> > Step to reproduce:
> > create a new field and delete it. Cancel all error messages saying that
> > you
> > need a category. Then Tellico crash.
> >
> > Tellico 2.3.9
> > on Debian Jessie i386.
> >
> > Sorry I don't have a useful backtrace because my slow internet access
> > takes
> > ages for downbloading debug packages. But if you can't reproduce the bug,
> > will download the dbg packages.
>
> I can't reproduce the crash so far. I open the Fields Dialog, create a
> new field, clear the category and click OK. The "Sorry" dialog pops up
> and says the category can't be empty, and then I click OK, which
> closes the dialog and the new field is not added. Are those the steps
> you're following, or did I do something different?
>
> Robby

When I create a field, Category is empty. I change other options and then click
OK. The "Sorry" dialog pops up 3 times (pop up, click OK, pop up, click OK,
etc.) before Tellico crash.

Looks like Category is empty by default if one change some categories (but
General) or/and add some custom fields.  But I can reproduce that case only on
my collections. With newly created ones "Category" is not empty by default.
Could this occur because I've edited the XML by hand (to change the default
name of fields) ?

--
Xavier Brochard
xavier at alternatif.org