[Tellico-users] tellico 2.3.8 compile errors and other stuff

Michael Jahn jahn.michael87 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:05:23 UTC 2013

Hello Robby,

Robby Stephenson <robby-9lFPeden07UgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org> writes:
> On 07/30/2013 01:12 PM, Michael Jahn wrote:
>> 1. I can't compile 2.3.8 (but 2.3.7, which I am using atm), errorlog:
>> http://pastebin.com/CP3Gw9we
>
> That's a weird compile error, in code that hasn't changed in several
> years. Was there anything in the CMake output prior to that that might
> indicate an issue?

I extracted the tarball again and compiled the source without any
problems. I'm sorry, it must be my fault, but I still don't know what
I have done wrong the first time.

>> 3. I am mostly searching a couple of ISBN entries at once, but sometimes
>> it shows me ISBN's that allegedly are not found, but they were found.
>
> Which data source?

Try for example this ISBN 3351005296 with the "Google-Büchersuche". No "not
found"-message appears if I do a single search, but it appears with
the "multiple search".

And some other times I get wrong results without an ISBN field within
the entry (e.g. 9783442202935).

>> 4. Rarely the search results are not cleared correctly (few results
>> still remain). But after a second click on "Clear" all results are
>> gone.
>
> That could be irritating, if you figure out how to reproduce it, let
> me know. I'll play with it a bit and see what I see.

I think I found something. If I have multiple results and one of
them is selected, only the selected one disappears after clicking on "Clear". The
other remain visually on the list till I click on the result-window or
click a second time on "Clear", than they all disappear.
But I think this isn't all.

>> 6. It would be really really nice to have an autosave function, I had 2
>> crashes, in which i invested ~30min to fill the catalouge without saving and
>> ends in a crash. That was quite annoying.
>
> Tellico crashed? Any chance you can reproduce that? :) I hate crashing
> bugs with a passion...but yes, autosave would have been of
> benefit. Let me poke around to see if KDE itself has a solution.

I don't know what the reason was at the first crash, it was several
weeks ago. But the last crash appeared after updating items (with
Google-Büchersuche).

Another problem occured as I tried to print an item. Then a
"Sorry"-message showed up with "books?id...". Now if i close this
message, it opens again and again, interestingly with another id.
The terminal output says for each message:
#v+
[0x8baa2c8] main input error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called
QFile::remove: Empty or null file name
tellico(11152) Tellico::Export::HTMLExporter::writeImages: unable to
write image file: "/tmp/kde-michael/tellicoj9afMn/"
"http://bks8.books.google.de/books?id=[..]&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&source=gbs_api"
#v-

Oh and one final thing. I installed libyaz4-dev and libv4l-dev, but
cmake couldn't locate it. I'm using Debian Wheezy.

Michael