RKWard and importing Excel files

my-shopping-email at posteo.net my-shopping-email at posteo.net
Sun Jan 14 20:35:36 GMT 2024

I am currently running 0.7.5 RKWard on KDE Neon (based on Ubuntu 22.04).
I am trying to import a simple .xlsx (or .xls) file with 3 sheets and
only 1 to 2 dozen rows with a few columns....something very basic. I
have loaded the gdata package (as well as others that I have seen
recommended). But whenever I import data and select Excel (Perl), it
produces the error shown in the screenshot below. I assure you that I
have the gdata package both installed and loaded. I have even tried two
different versions of this package. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark