rkward, updated version, reviewed

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Mon May 30 19:27:52 BST 2022

Hi,

On Mon, 30 May 2022 15:20:11 +0000 (UTC)
someone <maffydoit at aol.com> wrote:
> Just fyi, i downloaded 0.7.4 today and ran all the analyses I did
> before, frequencies, means, correlations and regression. They all
> came out exactly the same as I got before, and pretty much the same
> as I got with SAS. The installation (on windows 10) was easy, and I
> was able to run the program and analysis easily. Thanks very much for
> the update.

thanks for the feedback!

> Just two comments.
> Were you going to have the frequencies table vertical instead of
> horizonal?

I made that configurable meanwhile (more precisely, you can now
control, how many of the variables are listed in rows). However that
was a little trickier than it would seem, and did not make it into
0.7.4, for that reason.

> The means table has a column "length of sample", which is
> N. Did I mention that before?

You did.

> Where does this term "length of sample"
> come from?

https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/blob/master/rkward/plugins/descriptive/descriptive_statistics.js#L65

I did not immediately react then, as I wasn't quite sure what would be
the best label (and I am not sure, still). Right now, I'm thinking,
perhaps "length (N)".