rkward, review of most recent version, basic analysis

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sat May 21 12:21:07 BST 2022

Hi,

On Thu, 19 May 2022 22:45:55 +0000 (UTC)
someone <maffydoit at aol.com> wrote:
> That is, of course, the correct variable, but is this part necessary?
> my.csv.data[["  "]] Also, the frequency is laid out this way
> var1   var2   var3freq    freq   freq
> Is it possible to have the results come out this way?
> var1   freqvar2   freqvar3   freq

makes sense. I implemented a solution, but it will take some time to
appear in the nightlies, as it is currently hitting a bug in R2HTML.

> Now a question. The results also has this. Does that mean anything? I
> guess it's not an error. Messages, warnings, or errors:Loading
> required package: R2HTML

It simply means the package R2HTML was loaded. Admittedly, not a useful
message in most cases, but it _could_ contain further info regarding
problems in the installation. Either way, you'll only see this once per
session.

[...]

> It turns out the dialog box -did- come up, but it got immediately put
> behind my other programs (email, word processor).

That seems to happen on some systems, under some conditions, but
unfortunately, I have no good idea, when/why.

> I'm not sure if
> that's just me. I then got to the dialog box, and i noticed that
> "Auto close" was checked.

This does not have anything to do with the problem, however. "Auto
close" controls whether the dialog is closed, when you press "Submit".

[...]

As a question from my side: I read between your lines that you did not
discover the "Preview" option, yet (some way below "Submit"). Would you
mind giving that a try? And assuming you'll find it useful, what would
have made that option more visible to you?