[rkward-users] 'rk.show.question' is deprecated.

Vojtěch Zeisek vojtech.zeisek at opensuse.org
Tue Jan 25 17:58:55 GMT 2022

Hi

Dne pondělí 24. ledna 2022 19:40:00 CET, Thomas Friedrichsmeier napsal(a):
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:32:20 +0100 wrote:
> > The defaults are 20 items in history and maximal size of single
> > figure 1024. If I enlarge to 10000 I get rid of most of warning,
> > but not of all.
>
> I guess I can up the configurable limit some, maybe to 50000 kB,
> and maybe increase the default to 8192 kB or something. Note that
> 50 MB multiplied by 20 is still up to 1 GB dedicated to plot
> history, alone. There is a reason for the warning, after all.

Yes, I know it can be pretty large...

> > One more interesting problem of this sort is also, that after while
> > after plotting plenty of images I get WARNING! - RKWard History limit
> > reached, removing the first plot. Limits can be changed in Settings >
> > RKWard > Output. Do you want to be notified in future? Yes / No
> > And even if I click No, I'm sometimes asked again with the same
> > question... But this I'm unable to repeat every time... Surely it
> > will be repeated next section latest, but that's probably
> > intentional.
>
> Perhaps that warning could perhaps be removed, entirely. I don't
> think users expect the plot history to be unlimited. Ideally a
> passive popup could still give a hint about the relevant setting.

Some passive info not asking every time and not requiring immediate action
would be nice.

> > One more thing might be worth of change, but here I'm
> > not sure where it comes from. Every time I start RKWard,
> > the R console has soft line warp off, i.e. super long
> > lines. And if I turn soft line wrap on in the View menu,
> > it is not remembered for next startup.
>
> That's sort of intentional, or at least the intention is to default
> to non-wrapped lines in the console, even if the user has soft wrap
> configured elsewhere. It might be turned into a config option, however.

Configuration option would be nice. If I have my settings elsewhere, I expect
all apps taking this settings...

> > One last thing, as I'm playing with it right now... I have
> > RKWard 0.7.2, Plastma 5.23.5, Framework 5.90 and Qt 5.15.2 and
> > if I in RKWard settings in Kate Plugins section activate "CLose
> > Except/Like", it doesn't start at all and starting from terminal
> > writes just one line about SIGSEGV...
>
> Will have to investigate. Consider opening a bug report for this.

I'll try to get bit more info and see...
Thank You,
V.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek