[rkward-users] 'rk.show.question' is deprecated.

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Mon Jan 24 18:40:00 GMT 2022

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:32:20 +0100
Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek at opensuse.org> wrote:

> The defaults are 20 items in history and maximal size of single
> figure 1024. If I enlarge to 10000 I get rid of most of warning, but
> not of all.

I guess I can up the configurable limit some, maybe to 50000 kB, and
maybe increase the default to 8192 kB or something. Note that
50 MB multiplied by 20 is still up to 1 GB dedicated to plot history,
alone. There is a reason for the warning, after all.

> One more interesting problem of this sort is also, that after while
> after plotting plenty of images I get WARNING! - RKWard History limit
> reached, removing the first plot. Limits can be changed in Settings >
> RKWard > Output. Do you want to be notified in future? Yes / No
> And even if I click No, I'm sometimes asked again with the same
> question... But this I'm unable to repeat every time... Surely it
> will be repeated next section latest, but that's probably
> intentional.

Perhaps that warning could perhaps be removed, entirely. I don't think
users expect the plot history to be unlimited. Ideally a passive popup
could still give a hint about the relevant setting.

> One more thing might be worth of change, but here I'm
> not sure where it comes from. Every time I start RKWard, the R
> console has soft line warp off, i.e. super long lines. And if I turn
> soft line wrap on in the View menu, it is not remembered for next
> startup.

That's sort of intentional, or at least the intention is to default to
non-wrapped lines in the console, even if the user has soft wrap
configured elsewhere. It might be turned into a config option, however.

> One last thing, as I'm playing with it right now... I have
> RKWard 0.7.2, Plastma 5.23.5, Framework 5.90 and Qt 5.15.2 and if I
> in RKWard settings in Kate Plugins section activate "CLose
> Except/Like", it doesn't start at all and starting from terminal
> writes just one line about SIGSEGV...

Will have to investigate. Consider opening a bug report for this.