RKWard installation -reg.

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sat Aug 13 21:00:36 BST 2022

Hi,

On Sat, 13 Aug 2022 20:29:07 +0530
Muhammad Aaqib Shamim <aaqibsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried installing RKWard but when I open it, it gives this error
> message :

[...]

> '/Users/packaging/Craft/BinaryFactory/macos-64-clang/lib/R/R.framework/Resources/lib/libR.dylib'
> (no such file), './libR.dylib' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible
> architecture (have 'arm64', need 'x86_64')),

So far we can provide x86_64 (Intel 64-bit) binaries, only, and
this will require a corresponding installation of R. However, your installation of R appears to be arm64.

To my - fragile - knowledge, there is no clean support for having R for
both architectures in parallel, so you can either
a) uninstall R and re-install the Intel build (not sure what your other
   apps will think of that, however)
or
b) run the Windows build of RKWard in a virtual machine or emulation.
   This comes bundled with R, so no need to install R in addition.

I am aware, neither choice is great, and we're hoping to be able to
provide arm64 builds, too. There is not timeline for that, however.