RKWard installation -reg.

Muhammad Aaqib Shamim aaqibsh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 15:59:07 BST 2022

Greetings

I have tried installing RKWard but when I open it, it gives this error
message :

// The backend process failed to start with exit code 6, message:
'dyld[1305]: Library not loaded: @rpath/libR.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/rkward.app/Contents/MacOS/rkward.rbackend

Reason: tried:
'/Users/packaging/Craft/BinaryFactory/macos-64-clang/lib/R/R.framework/Resources/lib/libR.dylib'
(no such file), './libR.dylib' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible
architecture (have 'arm64', need 'x86_64')),
'/Users/packaging/Craft/BinaryFactory/macos-64-clang/lib/R/R.framework/Resources/lib/libR.dylib'
(no such file), './libR.dylib' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible
architecture (have 'arm64', need 'x86_64')), '/usr/lib/libR.dylib' (no such
file)

'. //

I have installed RKWard 0.7.4 on my Macbook Air M2 running on macOS v12.4.
I already had R [4.2.1 GUI 1.79 Big Sur ARM build] , RStudio, and a few
other apps like jamovi and BlueSky installed.

One odd thing about installation unlike in the case of other mentioned
softwares was that when I clicked on the .dmg file, and then dragged this
app to the Applications folder, the process got completed instantly, and I
couldn't 'see' any 'installation process, agreeing to TnC etc. steps'.

A troubleshooting solution on your website mentioned this but terminal
failed to execute the command.

// Possible solution no. 1: Your KDE setup is probably not ready, most
likely dbus is not running. Before you can start any KDE software, you
first need to run the following commands once: sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist //

I searched online but didn't find anyone posting this issue earlier. It
would be very helpful if you could guide me as to how I can work around
these issues

Dr. Muhammad Aaqib Shamim | MBBS
Junior Resident (MD-PhD)
Department of Pharmacology
All India Institute of Medical Sciences - Jodhpur