nightly release, rkward-master-1062-windows-msvc2019_64-cl.exe, regression

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sat Apr 30 20:30:47 BST 2022

Hi,

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:25:04 +0000 (UTC)
someone <maffydoit at aol.com> wrote:
> [...] Now when i open rkward, I got a box that says, r engine has
> died. Error during handshake with backend process. Expected token,
> received token (bunch of numbers)

this only only some of the time, not every time, right? I am aware this
pops up on Windows, sometimes (only when starting), and I recently had
an idea what might be causing it.

So this is a good opportunity to test my theory: I hope you will not
see that message again, with tomorrow's build (otherwise, please let me
know).

> The first time i had opened rkward,
> i wanted to do regression, i started, then the program said i needed
> a component, and asked me to chose a location.

The builds started using R 4.2.0 (instead of R 4.1.2), yesterday, and so
it is an expected side-effect, that you will be prompted to install any
add-ons, again, when they are needed.

[...]

> I asked again for
> USA: MI and got a box saying there are errors or warnings. Warning,
> unable to access index for repository,
> http://files.kde.org/rkward/R/bin/windows/contrib/4.2

This is a bug on our end, indeed (we still need to set up a repository
for R 4.2), but the warning is harmless in itself.

> Is this enough information?

Yes, thanks for reporting.