[rkward-users] ggplot2 in ubuntu?

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Nov 24 12:38:17 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, 24. November 2009 08:11:45 schrieb Donatas G.:
> The rkward interface did not seem to work (it did not produce any output
>  about  what it was doing in the details window for quite a while) or I was
>  just too impatient.

hm, at what stage exactly did that happen? were you able to at least choose a
CRAN-mirror and select "ggplot2" from the recieved list?

> install.packages("ggplot2", dependencies = TRUE)
[...]
> I also had to run R as root to be able to install the packages systemwide
>  on  /usr/local/lib/R/site-packages/

you don't have to install R packages system wide, if only you want to use them
alone. you can define a user specific directory for that, say
"/home/donatas/R":

 install.packages("ggplot2", lib="/home/donatas/R", dependencies=TRUE)

in order to work with packages in that directory, you must also tell rkward of
its existence (settings -> configure rkward -> R-packages -> library paths,
the lower window).

i'd reccomend this, to prevent you from messing up the package management of
your distrubution.

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
  dipl. psych. meik michalke