[rekonq] completion widget highlighting

andrea diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 15:16:14 UTC 2014

Hi Mathias,
I committed the listed change to fix an eventual crash occurring when
typing a word and then clicking on one engine favicon to load. The engine
favicons are the ones in the search line.
I cannot see this highlighting problem.  Can you please post a couple of
screenshots "highlighting" the problem ;)

2014/1/20 Mathias Kraus <k.hias at gmx.de>

> Hi together,
>
> after a recent git pull I noticed, that the highlighting on the completion
> widget doesn't work properly anymore.
> When the first letter is typed, the first entry in the list is highligted,
> but when continuing to type, there is no highlighting anymore. If you press
> enter, the first entry in the list will be chosen, but it's not obvious,
> because it's not highlighted.
>
> I just wanted to fix the problem and found the commit where it got
> introduced
> f0b2b230e1cd4d35f2a95c3bad94e31ecdd70de1                Fix some eventual
> crashes while clicking engine favicons
>
> In "CompletionWidget::clear()", "delte child->widget()" was replaced with
> "child->widget()-deleteLater()". Reverting that change, fixes the
> highlighting problem.
>
> Could anyone tell me which crashes got fixed by this change and maybe give
> me a hint in which direction I need to look for a propper fix for the
> highlighting problem?
>
> Regards,
> Mathias

Andrea Diamantini