[rekonq] completion widget highlighting

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Mon Jan 20 20:35:41 UTC 2014

Hi together,

after a recent git pull I noticed, that the highlighting on the completion widget doesn't work properly anymore.
When the first letter is typed, the first entry in the list is highligted, but when continuing to type, there is no highlighting anymore. If you press enter, the first entry in the list will be chosen, but it's not obvious, because it's not highlighted.

I just wanted to fix the problem and found the commit where it got introduced
f0b2b230e1cd4d35f2a95c3bad94e31ecdd70de1		Fix some eventual crashes while clicking engine favicons

In "CompletionWidget::clear()", "delte child->widget()" was replaced with "child->widget()-deleteLater()". Reverting that change, fixes the highlighting problem.

Could anyone tell me which crashes got fixed by this change and maybe give me a hint in which direction I need to look for a propper fix for the highlighting problem?

Regards,
Mathias