[rekonq] Hyperlink Context Menu Changes

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 00:12:01 UTC 2013

There been a change made here that doesn't work for me. From memory, the
context menu for hot links was "Open in New Tab, Open in New Window, etc".

Now it changes, I presume based on the target attribute. If its a std
hyperlink, it is as above. If the target is a new window, then it changes
to "Open in Current Window, etc".

I understand the logic behind this, but it seriously throws out my
workflow. When reading articles etc I typically open the interesting links
in quick succession by right click|open in new tab without even looking at
the context menu, now I have to check to see what it says, if its "Open in
Current Window" I have to dismiss the menu and left click this link. This
seriously impacts my reading.

The problem is there is no indication of what a link is going to do so you
have to actively examine it to see what effect a right click will have -
IMO, not good usability.

I'd prefer to see the old behaviour restored though not hung up on it -
would be interested to see other peoples opinions.

Built from master BTW.

--
Lindsay