[rekonq] Hyperlink Context Menu Changes

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 21:43:37 UTC 2013

Sending Again: Is this message list still alive?

--------------------

There been a change made here that doesn't work for me. From memory, the context
menu for hot links was "Open in New Tab, Open in New Window, etc".

Now it changes, I presume based on the target attribute. If its a std hyperlink, it is as
above. If the target is a new window, then it changes to "Open in Current Window, etc".

I understand the logic behind this, but it seriously throws out my workflow. When
reading articles etc I typically open the interesting links in quick succession by right
click|open in new tab without even looking at the context menu, now I have to check to
see what it says, if its "Open in Current Window" I have to dismiss the menu and left
click this link. This seriously impacts my reading.

The problem is there is no indication of what a link is going to do so you have to
actively examine it to see what effect a right click will have - IMO, not good usability.

I'd prefer to see the old behaviour restored though not hung up on it - would be
interested to see other peoples opinions.

Built from master BTW.

-- Lindsay