[rekonq] Tasks until 0.7 feature freeze

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:18:52 CET 2011

Hi all,
I'm currently checking our reviewboard to merge the more patches it is
possible. Let's sum what I'm seeing there.
I'm actually seeing 18 tasks yet.

1. Changes to the context menu (felix)
This patch needs just to be merged :)

2. GCI Task: Added support for entering link directly into the Favorites
section in the New Tab Page (uzumcu)
This needs yet according between devs (Lionel & Furkan are talking about)

3. Added a History List for Forward/Back history pulldown menu (uzumcu)
Here.. I'm a bit undecided. I like this feature but not the UI it forces us
using. I'm probably going to prefer previous patch about forward menu. Needs
suggestions

4. User agent switcher (adjam)
my patch :) I'm going to work on that after this mail...

5. Items in the completionlist are sorted by visit count instead of last visit
date (lionel)
Lionel and benjamin are talking about, but it seems we are really close to the
solution

6. GCI Task: Added access keys (Uzumcu)
This patch needs rebasing to be checked. And some fixes about this (actually)
unused m_enableAccessKeys bool

7. GCI Taks: Added support for pinning tabs (Uzumcu)
This code needs a lot of work yet. It changes rekonq behavior on startup and
needs probably improvements to let a "pinned tab" to be not just one tab with
a small width, but one with just an icon.

8. GCI Task: Add support for adding Web Shortcuts through a context menu on a
search field (Uzumcu)
This task needs discussion with Lionel, being him the one working on that
field.

9. GCI Task: Add an option to show the Favicon of the current site as window
icon (Uzumcu)
This patch has been commented 5 days ago and it's waiting for replies.

10. highlight updated tabs (troscher)
This patch is not working well in my local build. I see just strange blue
rectangles around.

11. GCI Task: Limit the entries in the "Closed Tabs" right-click context menu
(Uzumcu)
This patch has been commented 7 days ago and it's waiting for replies.

12. a bit of cleanup in the Application (pierre)
This can also be postponed to the bugfixing period.

13. GCI Task: Add support for opening a bookmarks folder in tabs by middle
clicking. (Uzumcu)
This patch has been commented 7 days ago and it's waiting for replies.

14. GCI Task: Use Alt+Enter in Url bar to open the link in new focused tab
(Uzumcu)
This patch has been commented 14 days ago and it's waiting for replies.

15. GCI Task: Open multiple selected text links in new tabs (pano)
Here there are different opinions. Don't know..

16. opening plain text emails in email application (pano)
Here we stopped talking about 1 month ago

17. GCI Task: Saving zoom settings for each web site (Uzumcu)
This nice feature needs complete rewrite.

18. GCI Taks: Tab Previews are flickering when you open some tabs and move
your mouse on them quickly (Uzumcu)
oops.... I noticed I forgot to comment here. Basically I cannot reproduce the
issue this patch is trying to workaround.

Here we are, on the road to rekonq 0.7...

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org