[rekonq] Re: Spell checking

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Mon Jan 3 12:42:53 CET 2011

On 01/01/2011 01:18 PM, ext Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> One think I miss from konqueror is the inline spell checker - I do a lot of
> posting on various forums and rely on it to catch my typos ...
>
> Now I understand an inline spell checker would have to be an integral part of
> webkit and that's something rekonq can't add to it, w'll just have to wait for
> the webkit team to implment it directly or via plugins etc, which is a while
> off.
>
> In the mean time I'm wondering if it would be acceptable to implement it in
> rekonq via a right click/action menu for edit fields that summoned a text spell
> check edit dialog for the edit field contents. Its a bit clumsy, but better
> than nothing.

Why not make the missing patch directly in QtWebKit?

Everything is done in the open on webkit.org:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKit
You do not need any special status to make patches for WebKit. Pierre
for example is not yet a WebKit commiter, and he still regularly submit
patches.

I think it is not easier to workaround the problem instead of changing
WebKit directly.

cheers,
Benjamin